G's receptionist rang me today.
'Just calling about your appointment with G.'
'...I don't have an appointment with G.'
'You wrote an email this morning to ask for one?'
'It must have been somebody else with my name.'
Memory of the dream where he says 'don't bullshit, you've been calling me on this number for years.'
But I hadn't. The receptionist apologised and hung up. I sent a text to let G know this had happened. I justified it like - well, if it were him, with his crackpot thinking, he'd think it was a sign. And besides which it's a disturbance on the one side and a confidentiality breach on the other, so he should know, so they can make sure it doesn't happen again.
But it wasn't a sign, it was just... a painful thing. Someone with my name is writing for an appointment, and no doubt getting one. Not that he ever said I COULDN'T come back - it just... became clear. For stupid reasons that make no sense. So when the receptionist called it was like the ground opened up again. There I am falling back into my stupid transference hell. I don't understand, why are you doing this to me? I don't understand.
'Oh. Ok,' he wrote back. 'Yeah I was curious. K thanks for the update.'
'I guess R should respond via the means people contact, or at least verify, because it could cause problems.' I don't understand, why are you doing this to me? I don't understand.
' Yeah I'm not in the office so I don't know what happened. Apologies for the confusion.'
I hate you. I hate you and would like to bodily destroy you, probably with a chainsaw.
'Just calling about your appointment with G.'
'...I don't have an appointment with G.'
'You wrote an email this morning to ask for one?'
'It must have been somebody else with my name.'
Memory of the dream where he says 'don't bullshit, you've been calling me on this number for years.'
But I hadn't. The receptionist apologised and hung up. I sent a text to let G know this had happened. I justified it like - well, if it were him, with his crackpot thinking, he'd think it was a sign. And besides which it's a disturbance on the one side and a confidentiality breach on the other, so he should know, so they can make sure it doesn't happen again.
But it wasn't a sign, it was just... a painful thing. Someone with my name is writing for an appointment, and no doubt getting one. Not that he ever said I COULDN'T come back - it just... became clear. For stupid reasons that make no sense. So when the receptionist called it was like the ground opened up again. There I am falling back into my stupid transference hell. I don't understand, why are you doing this to me? I don't understand.
'Oh. Ok,' he wrote back. 'Yeah I was curious. K thanks for the update.'
'I guess R should respond via the means people contact, or at least verify, because it could cause problems.' I don't understand, why are you doing this to me? I don't understand.
' Yeah I'm not in the office so I don't know what happened. Apologies for the confusion.'
I hate you. I hate you and would like to bodily destroy you, probably with a chainsaw.
No comments:
Post a Comment