Last night I was in Russia, wading through a swampy field. I was looking for something - perhaps a trug full of fruit and vegetables, or the remains of my grandparents' house or my childhood house. Sometimes I was close to solid ground and there were trees, and the foundations of old buildings, stumps of walls. Other times the ground was more like the banks of a flooded river, or the river itself. I saw an envelope floating near me - I waded to it and was surprised to see it had my full first name on it, but I realised that yes, it was because this was where my grandparents' place had been till just recently. The envelope was left for me, now being carried on the flood. It was hardly wet at all. I opened it and there was a beautiful card from my Nanna - floral pastels but so pretty. And she wrote about where she was now, that she was embarrassed to be in a home, and she scolded me to call her but it was all so loving, and I was so happy that she had sent this to me.
There was an old bath house or indoor swimming pool in the field, so I waded over there to read the card properly, and I sat in the doorway, which was also the edge of the interior pools. As people walked by to enter the pools - the men's pool to the left of me, the women's on the right - they looked over my shoulder and commented on the beautiful card. I wanted to go in the pool, to swim in this warm, clean water and be comfortable, but I realised that all the Russians were wearing very modest swimsuits, which covered them to knee and elbow. I had nothing on my legs, so I did not want to go in.
In the second dream (or first?) N and I were moving into a new bedroom in a lovely house, with French windows in two directions out to a paddock. We had a 3/4 sized bed in there, but were discussing getting a larger one, because we had so many pets and wanted to let more of them sleep with us. Rover could squeeze on the bed with us, but if Dora wanted to join us we would need the extra space. The room - almost an alcove - was designed to be just the size of a bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment