Last night I dreamed that we were at a camping ground somewhere in rural Africa - me and N, my brother (a perfect and lovely dad) and A (a perfect and lovely mum) and their kids (or our kids?). And another couple. We were going on a walk, but I decided to drive ahead with the other couple in the big double-decker bus we were travelling in. We were going to do a recon and then meet up with the others, or go back and pick them up.
There was some kind of tribal meeting on. We were driving past huge crowds of people from different tribes, all out on the side of the road, spilling onto the road, and this stretched on and on down the road length. There was some anger. I was watching out the window, completely absorbed in everything I was seeing. Occasionally people in the crowd stared back, a couple did the fingers at the bus, at me, and I wondered if it meant the same thing here as it would mean at home. The bus got faster, the woman who was driving wanted to get past all this. I went to talk to her and realised I had been sitting at the back of the bus watching what was passing away, not at the front at the top, as I'd thought.
I asked if we could slow down or stop - didn't we want to get out and have a look at all this, be here, see what it was all about? After all, we were in Africa! But she was just accelerating, and I realised she was only interested in getting us past this and to the city. But what about N and the kids? We had to go back and get them! I was worried for them. The scene was kind of scary - and if we were going to be scared, we needed to get them, needed them with us, but she wouldn't - and she and her husband were arguing with everything I said, nonsensically, endlessly, as we drove further and further away. I woke up with the thought 'they are trolling me!'
No comments:
Post a Comment