Dreamed last night I was with family on a large river in Malaysia - going up the river on a barge or a boat, up alongside the river houses. We had a place to stay, No 14, I think, and we were looking for which one it was. A family holiday. My mum and stepdad, siblings, N. Across the river many Malays were travelling up in canoes. I was surprised to see teenaged boys and girls rowing canoes together, laughing and teasing each other. Then I saw other boats with just girls in hijabs, serious, or just boys. I thought yes, some are devout and some are not.
I was holding my mother's two small children in my arms. The one-year-old boy, and the three-year-old girl. They were sleeping in my arms. I thought the boy was sleeping so soundly because I was holding him. For a moment I wondered if he were dead, but I put my hand on his little chest to check his breathing and he was not, he was just deeply asleep.
I didn't wake him, but then my little girl woke up, smiling and laughing that she was in my arms together with him.
I was holding my mother's two small children in my arms. The one-year-old boy, and the three-year-old girl. They were sleeping in my arms. I thought the boy was sleeping so soundly because I was holding him. For a moment I wondered if he were dead, but I put my hand on his little chest to check his breathing and he was not, he was just deeply asleep.
I didn't wake him, but then my little girl woke up, smiling and laughing that she was in my arms together with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment