I keep thinking about that willow tree that Rousseau planted with his cousin - the diversion of water, the vigour and violence of the tree and the channel getting chopped up by the uncle, that the whole endeavour was so exciting that they held no grudge about the destruction. reading at the same time as the Deleuze about rhizomes, thinking the channel as a rhizome that breaks out of the structures of a tree. reading at the same time as Mei-Mei Berssenbrugge Hello, the Roses, - when I see a plant I expand my boundaries, it 'collapses its boundaries'. this is the one phrase that seems to me to be untrue, or I don't know yet how it is true. I think she is right that a plant Does Something in communication, that the attribution of intention is not actually a fallacy - because intention is an emergent property, and human experience of intention as independent, self-willed, self-propelling is the real fallacy. but 'collapses its boundaries' in being seen... I don't believe or don't get.
No comments:
Post a Comment