(written on Sunday, but I fell asleep before posting it)
today I painted a picture. my brush was cheap and pieces kept coming off in the paint. I mixed the palest green-white I could and layered it horizontally across the page.the colour veered into a bluer tinge in the middle and a yellower tinge at the bottom. I was going to leave it like that - once I'd covered the page I wanted to do nothing to it.
-but I should paint an actual picture! I've got all this stuff out!
-but this is the picture I wanted to paint. I mixed the paint and felt it thick on the brush and covered the whole page. who am I painting for? who will see this? No one, just me, and that is the feeling I wanted.
So then I sat there for a while admiring my painting. I noticed if I lifted it up the light caught it differently and there were blank patches where the paint was thin, so ok, don't lift it up. I was almost out of white paint (memory flash - The White Horse Inn at Berrima).
Then I felt something I wanted to do. I thinned some blue paint into watercolour consistency and made a few patches of that on the page, afterwards wiping away some that looked too much like teardrops. Then one patch on the bottom far right ended up looking like a small blue tug boat churning through a golden-green sea. The tug boat's chimney coughed out paw prints into the sky, as well as a very, very tiny blue matrouschka who sailed through the air, catapulted. I adorned these just a tiny bitt - made them clearer with the very edge of a couple of hairs of my brush
today I painted a picture. my brush was cheap and pieces kept coming off in the paint. I mixed the palest green-white I could and layered it horizontally across the page.the colour veered into a bluer tinge in the middle and a yellower tinge at the bottom. I was going to leave it like that - once I'd covered the page I wanted to do nothing to it.
-but I should paint an actual picture! I've got all this stuff out!
-but this is the picture I wanted to paint. I mixed the paint and felt it thick on the brush and covered the whole page. who am I painting for? who will see this? No one, just me, and that is the feeling I wanted.
So then I sat there for a while admiring my painting. I noticed if I lifted it up the light caught it differently and there were blank patches where the paint was thin, so ok, don't lift it up. I was almost out of white paint (memory flash - The White Horse Inn at Berrima).
Then I felt something I wanted to do. I thinned some blue paint into watercolour consistency and made a few patches of that on the page, afterwards wiping away some that looked too much like teardrops. Then one patch on the bottom far right ended up looking like a small blue tug boat churning through a golden-green sea. The tug boat's chimney coughed out paw prints into the sky, as well as a very, very tiny blue matrouschka who sailed through the air, catapulted. I adorned these just a tiny bitt - made them clearer with the very edge of a couple of hairs of my brush
No comments:
Post a Comment