"They used to sing, in Italy -- now, no more -- blows, discordant chords, false expression, diaphanism -- opalism -- lymphatism -- All Celtic diseases -- a true ultramontane contagion -- But to return to us -- just exactly how far have you got? Why am I left alone like this, with constantly broken promises?"
"Not a word from Giordani -- The house of Ricordi is silent -- is it under the incubus of the fox trot? I don't hear a thing from Milan any more.
Giacomo Puccini to Renato Simoni, Milan. 1st May 22
Letters of Composers through Six Centuries. Compiled & Edited by Piero Weiss. Philadelphia: Chilton Book Company, 1967. (436)
"Not a word from Giordani -- The house of Ricordi is silent -- is it under the incubus of the fox trot? I don't hear a thing from Milan any more.
Giacomo Puccini to Renato Simoni, Milan. 1st May 22
Letters of Composers through Six Centuries. Compiled & Edited by Piero Weiss. Philadelphia: Chilton Book Company, 1967. (436)
No comments:
Post a Comment