We were out on what I suppose was a verandah, but the whole house was bamboo except for a set of hardwood stilts, so I don't know if the same word applies. The elephants were tied to the stilts, one for each house, but our elephant was not the angry one, so it wasn't going to pull at the stilts and tip up our house. Maybe they weren't called stilts. Maybe they weren't called houses. Anyway I couldn't actually see the other houses from that verandah, or the other elephants. Just trees and vines coming from underneath and going up to cover the sky, like we were in a ball of trees and vines, floating on the brown bamboo. There were noodles for lunch, but I'm not sure it was lunchtime. It was food. The noodles were hard, they came out of a yellow packet, and then they went soft in boiling water, right there in the plate. They were called Myami, it was written on the packet. Like 'mummy' and like 'yummy'. That seemed like nothing and something together. Like random and a really big coincidence and not a coincidence at all. Are different languages the same in some of their places but not in others? If you pay attention can you find the places? John gave us journals and we had to write in them. They were yellow. The writing on the cover looked like decoration curled back around floating commas. But I didn't know what to write. But we weren't going anywhere till the writing was done. But I didn't have anything to write. Well that was unbelievable. After everything that was just really unbelievable.
No comments:
Post a Comment