Saturday, November 24, 2012

three dreams:

I was crossing a farm in a storm. I sheltered in a farm house with LA and W and their kids. N too. The storm was so fierce, disturbed weather patterns, perhaps it would never come right. But I felt it on my cheek and although it was harsh I was ok. Was not hurt or blown away. We were all safe.

-

I discovered that just up the road from where I was living one could cross over into Thailand. There was a quiet resort on a beautiful blue-green bay, with islands, boats to potter around in. I realised by following TYY, who was also staying there. It was just 20 minutes away from my home. When the guests arrived the management were in a bit of a flap. There was an interview with the manager, the dad of the guy who unexpectedly owned the place  - he was young and confessed that he had no business experience at all, so whether this place was going to work or not was touch and go. I hoped he had been researching business manuals but thought that probably wasn't enough. The first round of drinks for the guests went well, because he went to a shop and bought a good selection of appealing drinks, and the wait-staff presented them in such a way that the guests ordered what was there. But when he came back with the second round of drinks he had just paper for cups that needed to be fitted together - hopeless.

-

I found a fantastic garment in a second-hand clothes shop. It was a high, starched, pointed white collar, an ornate silver broach below that, a pleated white shirt front and a navy blue cape, all pressed and immaculate, despite being second hand. I loved it and took it excitedly to show PHF and LA. Don't you think it looks like a lawyer's costume? But they were both lawyers and weren't so impressed. P showed me her actual lawyer's costume, much more full and elaborate, and all the other costumes she'd made for repertory theatre etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment