In the Yayoi Kusama exhibition shop my son grabs a pumpkin badge from a bowl and makes for the counter. Could I have raised him without this desire if I were raising him alone? Also he wants to carry a baby in his tummy, and wants drinks always from the vending machine. If it weren’t for this heatwave. Could I have raised him so that he could be turned mildly from his desire, rather than surging his body into the old museum’s tatami mats so that he can barely be picked up? Are pumpkins a sign of desire? Of course not, they are a sign of complete fulfillment. And yet some are made with holes, and some are made of mirror, and some dissolve into writhing snakes. If I can get the badge back into the bowl it is not far to the cafe. But then would I have had anything at all. Everyone’s favorite is Napping Pumpkin. It is certainly not pregnant with anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment