Monday, June 11, 2012



I'm on an ocean liner in a Bangkok river or bay. From the top deck of the ship we can see the whole city - it's gorgeous pink and black in the lit-up night - 'that's why it's called The Pink City', we say. We're in a swimming pool - me, my friend and her husband. I can tell that right now he is more interested in me. I wonder if we'll have sex - the two of us or all of us.

There's so much activity around the boat and on the lower decks. People are celebrating, there are fireworks. And there are small space shuttles, brilliantly lit, like LED kites, launching from the ship. They rocket up into the air, powering out in the night sky before they leave the atmosphere, crashing back down to the river. I think this might be the last of the earth's spare fuel. I think it's wondrous that we are using it like this.

I need a toilet. I go down into the ship's interior to look for one. it's empty in amongst the cabins, no people around. I find a sign for the toilets but once I enter I see it's really a luxury bath-house - disused and outdated but spacious and with many lovely spas, vanities, seating etc. I go to the toilet and think about bringing my friends down here - we could fill the spas up, bring champagne etc. As I leave I see a small creature running through the room - large cockroach or a mouse - as it runs away from me it takes flight.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete