Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I'm going to stay with Bill who lives next to my old flat. Bill's not home so I pop into the old flat and Gig Ryan is living there. We talk and hang out and I feel weirdly welcome and comfortable. I find I can just talk normally and I have things to say. She tells me I'm doing much better than she was at the same age. I know my dad and stepmum are coming for the night - it's my dad's birthday - but I haven't actually made any arrangements yet. I thought we'd stay at Bill's but I haven't asked him yet. I think maybe if I can't get hold of him I'll ask Gig if we can crash there.

When they turn up they are drunk. My step-mum keep stuffing things into her mouth and swallowing them - not just food but anything. They are so strange that Gig is amused at first. But they are angry with me that I haven't made any arrangements. My dad says sarcastically 'thanks for the special day.' I try to explain that we will probably will stay with Bill. At one point I want to talk but there's a weird taste in my mouth. I spit and my saliva is red. I start to hook this substance out of my mouth. It's a head of flowers - the little red ones that look a bit like jasmine.

There's a kid around who is a bit disgusted. My stepmum keeps swallowing things and then throwing them up - paper, objects, anything around her. I keep pulling things out of her mouth so she doesn't choke. Gig looks at me and runs her hand across her neck, the 'kill it' sign. At first I think she might mean there's something wrong with my stepmum's neck so I look to check. She's in the middle of swallowing a plastic bag full of confetti and other things. I try to pull it away from her. They are angry at me. Gig wants us to get out too but I still haven't made any arrangements with Bill, who is not home.

No comments:

Post a Comment