Dear Doctor,
I don't know if you'll remember me but maybe you will remember my dear wife Maria, Maria with the dark brown eyes that look like melted chocolates, and hair as shiny as a light. We came to see you years ago now - 18 years ago and two months to be exact! Which was when my dear wife Maria and I were having a bit of trouble after our baby and she thought that it would help us to get an opinion.
Well, so we did and it wasn't easy everything was okay in the end. I thought you would like to know that our boy Jack has gone off to university now and he has turned eighteen and he is very happy, sports science, great stuff, and maybe you can give yourself a pat on the back that he is such a happy young guy without a shadow, and not the child of an unhappy divorce.
What was it all about, you might ask? Well, it was something from when Maria and me were teenagers, and maybe her mother or her friends had put her wrong and told her she shouldn't just be with one fella from the beginning right through, and so she wanted to have a break and try out something else. "Something else" you may remember was a social at her friend's church (a church we didn't even go to), and it was with "someone else", which you may remember was Derrick Carter from Highgate, who she even admitted that she didn't like that much, she didn't feel like kissing him afterwards, but she went anyway.
Well, we tried to put all that behind us, they didn't even kiss, but a few years later when she had the baby, because she was so sad, I had a lot of reminders of what she had done. And I wondered a lot if that was Derrick Carter playing with her mind and making her sad. Or if she didn't like him that much then maybe it was all the other fellas she saw at the social making her think of different things and be wishful.
But Doc, you probably remember it all now and how you put my head straight without too much trouble at all. A wave of your fingers. And so now it's eighteen years and I wanted to let you know that I haven't even mentioned it at all for all that time, and I have hardly even thought about it very much, and because of you if our boy Jack heard the name "Derrick Carter" he wouldn't have any clue who that was. And Maria was as you might guess, an absolutely smashing mum, I should say still is, and mostly not sad.
So thanks Doc. Another happy ending. But you probably get a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment