driving home from the airport (Palmerston Nth), (not my grandfather but) T driving. Motorway. T has Chinese classical string music playing, the same 5 bars repeated over and over the whole way. Of the five bars the internal three are the same - the first bar leads into this repetition and the fifth resolves it. I'm puzzled that this is enough, he loves music, and he (is my grandfather) notes that some jazz & blues music uses this structure too. Sings something like the Midnight Special using this. The Midnight Special doesn't use this.
My mother is driving and talking fast, with intellect and reference, I feel sluggish, can't keep up or understand her. She's irritable and I'm resentful about this, that's the overtone, she keeps talking, I keep missing it. As we arrive home we pass a couple of buildings - pagoda structure, but in cladding and colour all colonial bungalow. The towers are tipped over & I exclaim about this - but no, she corrects me - what am I talking about? It's just a crossbeam I'm seeing, not the whole structure tipped - this repeats and I have to apologise several times for my visual errors, part of this sluggishness. Later I come out of the house and yes, there it is, the tipped tower leaning by the pantry. It too is a food store I realise and in the collapse the highest compartment has sprung open. Supplies in there - a baby bottle, snacks, emergency food, all labelled "for pregnancy". I realise why I feel so sluggish.
No comments:
Post a Comment